Headquartered near Oldenburg (Bremen area, Germany), HÜPPE is a prizewinning industry leader in design shower- and bath enclosures and shower trays. Luxurious, reliable, high-quality and yet affordable, HÜPPE products satisfy customers throughout
Europe offering genuine moments of retreat. With more than 12.000 product varieties, HÜPPE has a perfect solution for nearly every bathroom, both for professional clients (e.g. hotels) as well as end-consumers as yourself for instance.
HÜPPE is a proud member of the Masco Corporation, a successful NYSE listed $8 billion group of companies.
Although Hüppe operates throughout Europe, the 42.000 square metre site in Bad Zwischenahn near Oldenburg is the head office and largest manufacturing site of the company. Manufacturing output includes 'made-to-measure' products on top of 12.000 product varieties originating from many different product-lines (styles) and component varieties. You can think of glass colors, thicknesses of glass, enclosure heights, hinge types, fastening and stability components, and so on. Hence, Cost and Manufacturing Control has a lot to do with logistics, internal supply chain and material flows. As there are many product varieties, batches per finished product are relatively small, causing very interesting challenges in the field of inventory
It is very likely that the above will roughly manifest the contours of our very interesting and rewarding vacancy. In this function you have a pivoting role in cost-effectiveness, profitability and controllability of Hüppe's main assets. You will be working with a young, enthusiastic and dynamic team of managers. You report directly to the CFO and will work closely together with the COO. The setting almost ensures plenty of opportunities for rich personal development and growth in the job. Conversely, you also enjoy the idea that Hüppe can take advantage of your commitment to results, your experience and knowledge.
Read on and see what it takes to bring us together.
Can you be proud to say that you contributed fundamentally to HÜPPE's costing methodologies? Do you like to drive the requirements discussions with Finance and Operations? Are you keen on opening up data sources and leveraging them to
gain and maintain control? If you feel or desire to be admired for this, you've found your new job!
Tasks , responsabilities and performance
- Operating in the fascinating intersection between Finance and Operations, you provide costing analysis and guide manufacturing decision making
- You oversee and are able to deploy different methods of cost calculation and product evaluation
- You provide (finished) product cost calculations based on Bill of Materials for manufactured products as well as trade products
- Moreover, you provide product & service cost calculation for project business
- You are responsible for calculating and maintaining standard costs (updated quarterly) as well as product cost variance analysis and monitoring of the development of product costs
- You naturally assume an advisory role to new product development team on product costing, and product viability
- Your critical analysis of production costs, manufacturing and inventory management is effectively shared with all relevant stakeholders (a.o. though good reporting) to drive optimization
- Your analytical nature, inquisitiveness and drive, is at the basis of continuous forecasting accuracy of manufacturing costs.
- Responsible for Cost Productivity KPI follow up (sourcing, lean, productivity, scrap, ...)
- You act as a sparring partner to the Plant Manager and Purchasing Manager
- You lead inventory activities such as physical and ongoing cycle counting, inventory reporting and ensure adherence to corporate policies wrt inventory
- You proactively pursue opportunities to improve cost base (Cost of Sales) and share them effectively with the right stakeholders
Profile of the ideal candidate
- You demonstrate an academic level in your work and (preferably) are able to demonstrate this with an academic diploma.
- Preferably, you graduated in a financial, technical or supply chain related area in which you were able to build a basic understanding in production processes
- Even when you graduated Bachelor level or in an awkward area to this vacancy, you are a relevant candidate when you show advanced experience and understanding of
- manufacturing and conceptual excellence in (costing / production) analysis.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, ideally from a production / manufacturing environment.
- You have a proven ability as a systematic thinker, and possess strong problem solving ability which enables you to assess impact of particular actions on the rest of a system.
- You are an independent thinker with a strong power to convince, based on facts, reasoning and sound argumentation, thus shaping discussions to optimal joint decision
- Strong orientation on the quality of the work while baring timeliness in mind
- Feels the constant urge to realize goals, see results and progression but can balance that with perseverance and hard but invisible work on important conditions to
- be successful.
- International understanding and experience with project management are a pré.
- You have a good command of the English and German language
- You're open to be enclosed by HÜPPE for a career rather than a job.
- We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore
- Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences
If you're interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the HÜPPE career site by clicking here or, alternatively, by hitting the green button at the top.
We only require and evaluate your CV / resume and your motivation letter. Please don't provide us with other documents. Please note that the closing date of this vacancy is 03-12-2014.
After a careful study of your documents you can be invited for a first interview with Jan Janssen (Recruitment Consultant at Hüppe). The best fitting candidates will be introduced for business interviews which can lead to a job offer. Testing and pre-employment screening may be a part of the selection procedure.
agency calls are not appreciated