Headquartered near Oldenburg (Bremen area, Germany), HÜPPE is a prizewinning industry leader in design shower- and bath enclosures and shower trays. Luxurious, reliable, high-quality and yet affordable, HÜPPE products satisfy customers throughout Europe offering genuine moments of retreat. With more than 12.000 product varieties, HÜPPE has a perfe ct solution for nearly every bathroom, both for professional clients (e.g. hotels) as well as end-consumers as yourself for instance.
HÜPPE is a proud member of the Masco Corporation, a successful NYSE listed $8 billion group of companies.
Operating throughout Europe, the site in Bad Zwischenahn near Oldenburg is the head office of the HÜPPE group of companies as well as the seat of the largest subsidiary, the German GmbH. A total of 7 entities, each with their own staf, report to the central F&A department, including "Germany". The German subsidiary has 6 staf members (vacant Teamlead included), occupied with accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger for the German entity. Besides that, the department is responsible for some finance related processes on grouplevel such as credit management. The higly motivated department is tidy and quite exceeding regular standards with a month-closure time of 2 days, a very low DSO, and smooth, nearly stressless processes. So what's the challenge here?
Within the accounting operations, processes can still be done more effectively, there are meaningful ways to simplify the chart of accounts, to digitalize some processes and to finetune the administrative organization and internal controls. Also, it makes sense to critically investigate the current tooling and IT modules supporting financial operations, oversee global harmonization, adherence to procedures and guidelines and enhance continuity of the department by job rotation for instance. Last but not least the department needs and desires leadership for optimal capitalization of the human resources and canalization of all efforts. You will be working with dynamic and enthusiast management, reporting directly to the chief accountant of the group. The setting almost ensures plenty of opportunities for rich personal development and growth in the job. Conversely, you also enjoy the idea that Hüppe can take advantage of your commitment to results, your experience and knowledge.
Read on and see what it takes to bring us together.
Can you be proud to say that you contributed fundamentally to HÜPPE's financial operations?
Are you keen on finding the most efficient and reliable financial processes?
Would you be exited to implement new IT tooling for your department, and do you want to be recognized for being an exceptional people manager?
If you feel or desire to be admired for this, you've found your new job!
Tasks , responsabilities and performance
- Overseeing the accounting department, ensuring an accurate and integer way of working
- You are keen on continuous improvement of processes and workflows in your department
- You provide leadership and direction to the team, while staying close, act as a people manager and participate operationally in the accounting work
- Managing the department inside-out, as indicated above, you know and oversee processes, control the quality and adherence to procedures and steer team members when needed to stay aligned
- You prepare timely, accurate and complete monthly and annual financial statements according to HGB, US GAAP and IFRS accounting principles
- Being a teamleader, you participate in the ongoing activities in the department such as material- and inventory administration, bank accounts, and personnel related registrations (such as travel expenses)
- As an important owner of the accounting processes you will be given the opportunity to realize and maintain an accounting manual
- You monitor correct bookkeeping in the general ledger and its sub ledgers
- You act as a central contact person in for authorities, auditors and external consultants
Profile of the ideal candidate
- You have a bachelor degree or can easily demonstrate your bachelor level of working
- You have at least 3 years of experience in accounting, you show (some) career progression and ideally can demonstrate some managerial experience
- We can imagine ourselves that somebody without managerial experience can be successful in this role, provided that this person provides us with some convincing proof of aptitude
- Ideally you have worked in a manufacturinig company, ideally of some comparable magnitude and ideally you have worked with a multi-subsidiary structure and reporting discipline towards the holding company
- You are an experienced user of MS office products and an easy learner concerning bookkeeping software
- You know your way around in tax law and all other relevant laws, including BilMoG
- You are familiar with the US GAAP standard
- International understanding and experience with project management are a pré
- You have a good command of the English and German language
- You're open to be enclosed by HÜPPE for a career rather than a job
- We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore
- Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences
If you're interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the HÜPPE career site directly by clicking here. We only require and evaluate your CV / resume and your motivation letter. Please don't provide us with other documents. Please note that the closing date of this vacancy is 03-12-2014.
After a careful study of your documents you can be invited for a first interview with Jan Janssen (Recruitment Consultant at Hüppe). The best fitting candidates will be introduced for business interviews which can lead to a job offer. Testing and pre-employment screening may be a part of the selection procedure.
Agency calls are not appreciated